Thursday, January 4, 2007

Of all the curries I have tasted in my life thus far, crab curry has an unbeatable aroma which just tantalizes the taste buds. I just love getting my hands dirty eating it and more so with a group of good friends cracking the shells on the table.

Crab curry comes in many variations and influences but today I shall feature an Indian Crab Curry which is the most flavourful in my opinion due to the spices used which truly is a culinary delight.

Ingredients
15 oz Whole Crab
2 Big PotatoesBig Potatoes

2 OnionsOnions

2 ClovesCloves

2 CardamomCardamom

0.5 inch stick of CinnamonCinnamon

3 inches GingerGinger

5 cloves GarlicGarlic

1 medium sized TomatoTomato

2 tsp Cumin PowderCumin Powder

1 tsp Red Chili PowderRed Chili Powder

2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
Mustard Oil


Directions
1. Clean the crab.
2. Mince the ginger and garlic into a paste.
3. Chop onions fine.
4. Peel and chop potatoes, and wash them.
5. Heat the oil.
6. Put in cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and fry for a minute.
7. Put in the crabs and fry at high temperature.
8. When crabs are fried, take them out and put them aside.
9. Fry the potatoes for 2 minutes.
10. Add the minced onions. Fry till the onions are well done.
11. Put in the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute.
12. Now put in the chopped tomatoes.
13. Add cumin powder, chili, salt and sugar.
14. Fry, occasionally adding water to prevent burning until the oil seperates.
15. Put the crab back in and mix well.
16. Add water enough to drown the mixture and boil for 15 minutes.
17. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy it while its hot.




Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 12:33 AM |


5 Comments:


At January 4, 2007 at 3:17 AM, Blogger Priya

Thaz a great recipe and one of my favorite too.

 

At January 4, 2007 at 5:01 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Thank you so much... I'm sooo hungry now... LOL

 

At January 5, 2007 at 12:49 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Oh my Lord! Thank you soooo very much! Such an honor for such a new blogger like myself.

Cheers!

 

At January 5, 2007 at 1:39 PM, Blogger joel

Congrats on your Blog of the Day award! Also, thanks for making me remember my love for crab, and the fact that I haven't eaten anything all day :) Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this recipe sometime!

~Joel -- aside_the_line

 

At January 5, 2007 at 3:59 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Hi there Joe... thanks for the words of encouragements. Well guess we're both in the same boat... cos I'm hungry all the time... LOL!

I definately belong to the Eat to Live group of people. Time to cook something up again.

Cheers!