Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Had a little family gathering at my house with my relatives from Sweden during the afternoon last Saturday and I wanted to prepare a light snack as we have dinner reservations later. After going through my fridge I found some of the leftover frozen vegetables for our usual quick Fried Rice lunches. I ran quickly down to the sundry shop and bought some potatoes which is a crucial ingredient to make my Spicy Vege Cutlet.

We had a blast chatting about their businesses in Sweden and exchanging their family stories with us. I rarely meet my 5 cousins who are mostly half my age and am shocked when they called me uncle when they arrived. I just thank god we are all in good health and got the opportunity to get to know each other better.


Ingredients
2 Cups Finely chopped Carrots, Beans & Cabbage
3 PotatoesPotatoes
boiled & mashed
1/2 cup of Fresh Green Peas
2 OnionsOnions
- chopped
2 tsp Green chili and Ginger Paste
1 tsp Salted Masala Powder
Salt to taste
5 slices of Bread
1/2 cup of Rusk Powder
Oil


Directions
1. Steam the chopped vegetables & peas in a pressure cooker.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Fry ginger & green chili paste for few minutes
4. Add onions fry until golden brown.
5. Put the mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables and fry for 10 minutes.
6. Mix garam masala & salt to the vegetables and saute well.
7. Remove from heat and let it cool.
8. Dip the bread slices in water one at a time, take this out from water immediately and squeeze out the excess water.
9. Put this in the veg mixture, add 1/4 cup of rusk powder and mix well.
10. Make lemon sized balls out of this mixture and coat with rusk powder.
11. Flatten this into thin patties.
12. Heat 2 tbs of oil in a shallow frying pan and fry few cutlets at a time until both sides becomes brown.
13. Repeat this until all the cutlets are fried.
14. Place cooked cutlets on napkins to drain oil.
15. Serve hot.

Note: Mint & Tomato Ketchup makes a good accompaniment.



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 1:28 AM |


0 Comments: