Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Firstly I would like to apologize for the lack of updates as I was busy with my other blog projects in my attempt to earn money online which has been quite interesting. I've also not been cooking much lately with my better-half travelling overseas to participate in exhibitions but I did managed to whip up a snack yesterday for some friends who came over my place for a mahjong session.

This Spicy Baked Ginger Chicken recipe is for me a Malaysian version of Buffalo Wings but in this instance I used a whole chicken instead of just wings although you can just use wings if you prefer them. The secret to this recipe is not to be stingy with the sauce during baking but be wary not to make it too wet cause I find it tastier by having it slightly more on the dry side.


Ingredients
1 Whole Chicken - cut into parts
2 tbsp crushed GingerGinger

1/2 cup fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Red Chili PowderRed Chili Powder

1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Thyme
Vegetable Oil


Directions:
1. Combine crushed ginger in a covered jar with the lemon juice, red chili powder, oil, salt, pepper and thyme; shake to mix.
2. Let it stand for 1 hour, shaking several times every 15mins.
3. Arrange chicken pieces in shallow baking pan in a single layer.
4. Pour mixture over chicken pieces.
5. Bake chicken at 400 degree for 1 hour.
6. Turn chicken and continue baking at 350 degree for 35 to 45 minutes.
7. Serve immediately as snacks or with steamed rice.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 1:18 PM |


5 Comments:


At March 21, 2007 at 2:31 PM, Blogger Paul

your site has lots of interesting recipes.. bookmarked!!



cheers,
j.rock
Make Money Online

 

At March 22, 2007 at 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I tried similar baked wings using tumeric powder....yummy yummy! Can variate by using yours ;p

 

At March 22, 2007 at 10:06 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Thanks for the visit J.Rock!

Tigerfish... yea u're absolutely right but I find so many dishes using tumeric powder already, so a little change would be nice don't u agree? LOL!

 

At August 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Anonymous Sam

Wow!! Yummy! I love Ginger Chicken. What a great combination of colors and flavors, looks so delicious. Thanks so much for sharing.

 

At April 29, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Blogger Eva

This looks great! I'm going to try it.

I've been to Malaysia twice and LOVE it! Great country and amazing culture and food.

Love your blog!