Monday, February 26, 2007

Firstly I would like to apologize for my long absence due to my holiday. Today's simple and quick Spicy Buttered Squid recipe was prepared during the holidays with my family and relatives. It has been quite some time since I saw some of my uncles and aunties residing in Sweden and Singapore and it was great to get to know my cousins as well. At times I must admit it was kinda awkward but family bond is truly a magical thing. During the last day before I departed, we exchanged emails and vowed to keep in touch and I can't helped but wonder how fantastic the internet have brought us somehow closer with each other.


Ingredients
3 lb Squids - cleaned and sliced into 1/2" wide rings
5 CilipadiCilipadi
(Bird Chili) - sliced into small pieces
2 stalks of Curry LeavesCurry Leaves
- sliced in half
3 cloves of GarlicGarlic
- sliced
2 tbsp salted Butter
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste


Directions
1] To clean squid, remove purplish skin, separate the head from the body.
2] Wash the inside of the squid body and dry it on paper towels.
3] Cut squids into 1/2" wide rings and leave tentacles uncut.
4] Heat butter in pan and stir-fry garlic till fragrant.
5] Add in squids and stir-fry for about 30 secs.
6] Add cilipadi and curry leaves.
7] Add salt and black pepper.
8] Stir-fry for another 1 min.
9] Serve hot with steamed rice.

Note: Cut down on the Cilipadi for a milder version.




Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 3:31 AM |


5 Comments:


At February 28, 2007 at 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

The recipes here are awesome, and the photos make me feel hungry. I can't wait to get back to Malaysia next week.

I'm a great fan of eating & love taking pictures of food too (can check then out in the Food & Dining section of my blog at http://www.eOneNet.com/internet_marketing_blog )

If only we can eat and not gain a single pound....

Cheers,
Fione Tan
http://www.eOneNet.com

Make

 

At February 28, 2007 at 3:19 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Well hello there Fione... what an honor to have you visiting my blog and thanks for the compliments. Hope your seminars are going well as it should.

Cheers!
Daryl

 

At February 28, 2007 at 6:12 AM, Blogger Unknown

Ben will surely love this dish, squid and chili padi. Thanks for sharing.

 

At March 5, 2007 at 8:05 PM, Blogger M

Made this with dinner last night, turned out very nice only real trick to add is as always when cooking squid this way the thinner you cut it the better.

Great simple recipe I will cook again, thanks! :)

 

At March 5, 2007 at 8:13 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Glad you enjoyed it Murray and thanks for sharing the experience.

Cheers!
Daryl