Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I just finished preparing my cucumber raita for tomorrow's dinner. I plan to accompany this with a special dish which I will feature tomorrow if time permits. This creamy dish is best served chilled and for me it goes very well with lamb kebabs or tandoori chicken. I will be refrigerating over night and serve it for dinner tomorrow.


Ingredients
1 cup plain Yoghurt
1/2 cup finely chopped CucumberCucumber

Salt to taste
1 tsp chopped Coriander
1/8 cup Cumin PowderCumin Powder

Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Red chili Powder to taste


Directions
1] Whisk the yoghurt with little water.
2] Add the cucumber.
3] Season with salt, pepper & cumin powder and mix well.
4] Sprinkle the red chili powder on top


Note: You may use some chopped coriander as garnishing.




Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 2:17 AM |


8 Comments:


At January 30, 2007 at 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Wonderful recipe.
I love this dish- thanks for sharing!!

^.^

 

At January 30, 2007 at 2:56 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

You're most welcome. Glad you liked it. I really really love your pinkish blog... a great read indeed.

 

At January 31, 2007 at 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I add a pinch of sugar (or more) while whisking the raita, and sometimes finely chopped spring onions as well, for some colour and crunch

 

At January 31, 2007 at 12:42 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Brilliant tip Justmita... I will surely try the next time.

 

At January 31, 2007 at 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

This one I like!

 

At January 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown

time for me to get some cucumber. then i can finish my youghurt in the fridge :-P

 

At January 31, 2007 at 10:10 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

LOL... didn't take you as a yoghurt man from reading your blogs filled with rich food from all over SG. Perhaps thats why its still in your fridge. :p