Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's a pampering day both at work and at home except roles being different. My short stint with my present company is coming to a close this week and everyone is wishing me well which can be quite awkward at times. Nevertheless I look forward to the next chapter in my Food Packaging career with a much more solid company next month.

Back home awaits my beloved half who is feeling better and demanding a good tasty dinner. I didn't want to go overboard considering her condition, so I decided to compromise a little by making her a unique Yam Burger. With a healthy theme in mind I decided to go with Rice buns instead and kept extra toppings for myself... LOL!


Ingredients
300g Yam, sliced
1 pc Chicken Breast (about 300g) - minced
2 tbsp Corn FlourCorn Flour

1 EggEgg
- beaten
Some Breadcrumbs

Seasoning Ingredients
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp Five Spice PowderFive Spice Powder

A little Sesame Oil and Pepper to taste


Directions
1. Steam yam until soft and mash into puree.
2. Combine minced chicken, corn flour, seasoning, yam puree in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Divide into 8 balls and press lighly into 0.5cm thick.
4. Dip into beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
5. Heat up oil for deep-frying, put in yam burgers and deep-fry until golden brown.
6. Dish and drain.
7. Serve hot with a burger bun or on its own.



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 11:51 PM |


0 Comments: