Friday, January 12, 2007

Today I shall feature another of my mother's speciality which is the Asam Prawns. She usually cook this dish to accompany her Nasi Lemak. Everytime I think of her cooking brings back happy thoughts of relative gatherings and catching up with one another when I was much younger.

Now with my life at what I would consider the half way mark, I ponder upon those good old days when the world was not as complicated and daily lives is simpler. So much has happened for me in these past 10 years and it can be quite daunting just to reflect on it all but as I prepare this dish, it reminds me of how lucky I am to be surrounded by people I cherish and love so dearly. In a way this is what cooking means to me... nourishing and making people happy.

Ingredients
600g Medium or Big Prawns, shelled

Ground Ingredients
2 1/2 tbsp Chilli Paste
3 ShallotsShallots

1 tsp Belacan Granules
4 Candlenuts

Seasoning
Juice from 2 Large LimesLarge Limes

1 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Anchovy Stock Granules
4 tbsp Oil


Directions
1. Heat oil and saute the ground ingredients until fragrant and oil separates.
2. Add the prawns and stir well to mix.
3. Add seasoning and cook for five to seven minutes until gravy is thick.
4. Serve with Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice) or steamed rice.



Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 2:48 AM |


0 Comments: