Saturday, January 20, 2007

Today I'm featuring two recipes, the Vegetarian Biryani and Tomato Chutney which recipe I posted just before this. I'm not sure whats gotten over me this week going healthy all of a sudden but anyways it can still be delicious no doubt.

While preparing these two dishes my kitchen was like an aromatic musical show starring all the herbs and spices. At the end I was kinda sad to have finished cooking but so hungry that I can't wait to dig in. The Tomato Chutney I prepared is a little thick which is the way I like it but you can add more water to your liking.


Ingredients
1 cup Long Grain Rice
10 Fresh Green Beans - sliced
1 Cauliflower - cut into florets
1 CarrotCarrot
- sliced
1/2 cup Fresh Peas
5 - Mushrooms
2 OnionsOnions
- chopped
1 pc CinnamonCinnamon

3 tsp Cardamom SeedsCardamom Seeds

1 tsp Cumin SeedsCumin Seeds

1 tsp Red Chili PowderRed Chili Powder

5 tbsp Ghee
3 ClovesCloves

Chopped Coriander LeavesCoriander Leaves

Salt to taste
Water


Directions
1] Grind the cloves and cinnamon coarsely.
2] Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the ground cinnamon, cloves & cardamom pods.
3] Add the cumin seeds & onions and fry until golden.
4] Add the chili powder in it.
5] Then add all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
6] Lower the heat and add the rice and fry until all the ghee has been absorbed.
7] Then add salt and 2 cups of water.
8] Cover the pan tightly and bring this to a boil by raising the heat.
9] Then reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes or until rice & vegetables are done.
10] Garnish with chopped coriander.
11] Serve hot with any kind of salad, mint, chutney and curry.



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 12:36 AM |


2 Comments:


At January 24, 2007 at 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown

how interesting. i never knew that vegetarian biryani existed! i always eat with with meat.

cooking gam biryani soon? :-)

 

At January 24, 2007 at 12:50 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Hahaha... well today a bit lazy and came back home kinda late so didn't cook anything fancy. Just made a quick Maggi noodles to satisfy my tummy and thats it.

Hmmm... perhaps I should post a Maggi Mee Recipe.. LOL