Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's been a very very long time since I last posted due various reasons which saw me stopping blogging altogether. Nevertheless its still a deep passion of mine which I will slowly try to get it slotted back into my weekly schedule from this month onwards.

First of all, I would like to thank all those who continuously visit my blogs and left encouraging words and well wishes. As CNY is just a few days away, I would like to share one of my favourite recipe my mom always prepare during CNY and one I look forward to year after year. No doubt the steamed egg custard with pork recipe is as simple as it gets but somehow the thought of it with steamed rice and some stirred fry vegetables just drives me crazy.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!


Ingredients
250g Minced Pork - may also use chicken or turkey
1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 1/2 tsp CornstachCornstach

1 tbsp GingerGinger
- minced
1 tbsp Green Onions - chopped finely
1/2 tsp Seasme Oil
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Cilantro - chopped finely

Egg Custard Mixture
2 Large EggsLarge Eggs
- beaten
1/2 cup Chicken or Pork Stock
1/4 tsp Vegetable Oil
1/4 tsp Salt to taste
1 tbsp Green Onions - chopped finely


Directions
1] Using a bowl, combine the following: pork with light soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, cilantro, green onion, ginger and cornstarch
2] Mix well then place pork mixture into a steaming flat dish
3] In another bowl, mix the egg mixture ingredients together: eggs, chicken or pork stock, salt, oil and green onion
4] Pour the egg mixture over the meat
5] Remember to skim off any bubbles to ensure a smooth egg custard surface
6] Place dish into a steamer or wok and steam over medium heat for about 10 mins
7] Turn off heat then let the egg custard rest for 5 mins
8] Garnish with the finely chopped cilantro or chopped red chillies


Note:
You may also add slices of century egg and salted duck egg but add the yolk part only for the salted duck egg as the white part is just too salty.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,



 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 3:35 PM |


13 Comments:


At February 20, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Blogger tigerfish

Oh yes, I was missing your posts for a while. Everytime I visit, I get to "eat" the spareribs. Egg custard is nice for a change.
Welcome back!

 

At May 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Blogger www.ifoods.tv

Hi there

I just stumbled accross your blog by using stumbleupon and must say it makes for a good read! There are so many food blogs out there these days that I have lost count! I do like the design of this one though as it is simple and clean which is what I tried to do when I was blogging. I have started a website for bloggers and chefs around the world to meet each other and promote their blogs. I know from blogging myself that even though I had what I thought was great content nobody would ever find it! That is why I started www.ifoods.tv with the hope of 10000s of poeple seeing all our cool photos, videos and recipes. Hope that you enjoy it and looking forward to seeing your stuff there! Keep up the good work here on the blog and hopefully an even bigger audience will see it soon.

Cheers!

 

At July 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey there, it was worth it to wait for your next post, I tried your recipe with chicken instead of pork and it´s awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

 

At December 1, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

nice and simple egg custard recipe. Cheers!

 

At May 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Anonymous Sam

What a great looking egg custard recipe. It looks so beautiful! This does sound delicious.. Yummy! Will try it out soon. Thanks so much for sharing.

 

At October 3, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Anonymous Jay-P.

Very nice site. How about Penang food?
JP

 

At April 29, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

stumbled upon your recipe when i googled for 'steamed egg mince pork recipe'

really delicious, even though i had to leave out some ingredients(ginger & cilantro) cos i don't have them,

thanks for sharing! :)

C

 

At April 29, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Anonymous MaryMoh

Mmm...looks very delicious. My children love this steamed egg.

 

At September 8, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Anonymous Cookbooks

Hmm,
I really like Recipes which are prepared with Egg.
So, i will really wanna to eat that recipes ASAP.
Thank

 

At October 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Anonymous Food Pakistan

Hi

A good dish and there are many people likes this type of dishes.

 

At March 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Anonymous Mcburn

Great recipes,
visit my side for authentic local dishes.

 

At November 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Anonymous Cheap WOW Gold

I googled for 'steamed egg mince pork recipe' in simple fact delicious, even although i experienced to leave out some ingredients

 

At February 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Anonymous Alit

This recipe is original and simple. you have great ideas